Afraid of the Dark Mod is a new magic mod designed for Minecraft 1.8 featuring massive custom generated structures and a complete research system familiar to fans of Thaumcraft. While the mod is still very much in development, core features are complete and all the features planned for release 1.0 are finished.
- To begin, you will need to search for an Erie Forest biome.
- After searching this biome a little while, you should find a circular entrance on the surface made out of mossy cobblestone.
- Enter the crypt but beware? the loot will not be unprotected.
- Your main goal is to find a blood stained journal?a word of caution?signing this journal is not reversible.
- If you do sign this journal you will begin the mod and the journal will guide you.
The ‘Deee Syft’ mob
A hint of mod structure gen
A research system Thaumcraft players will be akin to
A page of research
A taste of what you can do with some later game researches
Some more crazy world gen
An ‘Erie’ Biome (This is where you begin the mod!)
Awesome new armor and mobs
How to install:
There are many ways to install Minecraft Mod on your Minecraft client. We will be walking you through how to install it on your base Minecraft Launcher.
It’s as easy as pie.
- Open your Minecraft installation folder on our computer.
- If you’re on Windows, press the ⊞ Windows Logo Key + R, then type in %APPDATA%.minecraft and click OK.
- If you’re on Mac, press ⌘ Command + Space, type in ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft, and press Enter.
- If you’re on Linux, issue the following command into the terminal: cd ~/.minecraft
- Open up the .minecraft folder and then mods (create it, if a mods folder does not exist.)
- Drag-and-Drop the .jar of Afraid of the Dark Mod that you just downloaded into the mods folder.
And that’s all there is to it! You can now click Play to re-open your Minecraft launcher with the Forge profile, Afraid of the Dark Mod will load alongside your game.
To play with any Forge mod, You have to go to download and install forge.
Install Forge modloader:
- Download the Forge Installer corresponding to the version of your Minecraft.
- You can download Minecraft Forge modloader from the official Forge downloads page here.
- Double click to run the jar you’ve downloaded and then select Install Client on the pop-up it presents you.
- After that, you’re done! Open/Reopen your Minecraft launcher and change the installation to Forge if it did not automatically change.
Downloading Afraid of the Dark Mod:
- Select the latest version of the mod matching with your Minecraft installation.
- Click the file name of the mod to go to the download page and begin downloading.
- Double-check for any dependencies.
Afraid of the Dark Mod Files:
|afraidofthedark-1.16.5-1.9.1.jar||release||27.18 MB||0||Sep 4, 2022, 11:22 pm||1.16.5|
|afraidofthedark-1.15.2-1.6.0.jar||release||22.43 MB||286||Aug 1, 2021, 9:38 pm||1.15.2|
|afraidofthedark-1.14.4-1.5.0.jar||release||22.49 MB||213||Jul 10, 2021, 10:22 pm||1.14.4|
|afraidofthedark-1.13.2-1.4.0.jar||release||22.73 MB||520||Nov 16, 2020, 4:40 am||1.13.2|
|afraidofthedark-1.12.2-1.3.0.jar||release||23.09 MB||8102||Jun 14, 2020, 1:23 am||1.12.2|
|AfraidOfTheDark-1.8.9-1.1.4.jar||release||33.18 MB||3960||Jun 9, 2016, 1:58 am||1.8.9|
|AfraidOfTheDark-1.8-1.1.1.jar||release||28.74 MB||13060||Jan 5, 2016, 9:37 pm||1.8|
Say thanks and all credit goes to David_M1A2, creators of this mod. Visit the original thread here for all info.