MapFrontiers Mod is an addon for Journey Map that allows you to divide the map into regions and assign them names and colors.
Frontier Books are no longer used in this new version, instead the GUI is inside the JourneyMap fullscreen map.
To create and manage frontiers you have to use a Frontier Book. When you open a book for the first time, it will be assigned to the current dimension and will allow you to create your first frontier. It also provides some data and an image.
In creative mode you can find the book in the tools tab.
You can craft it with this recipe:
You can also craft the personal frontier book:
You can edit the mod settings and change who can edit, create and delete frontiers! Default key: F8 (I accept suggestions for the default key).
Limitation of this mod:
- Doesn’t support frontiers that intersect themselves.
- JourneyMap moves Minecraft effect indicators with the minimap. MapFrontiers doesn’t do that so they end up in front of the frontier indicator
How to install:
There are many ways to install Minecraft Mod on your Minecraft client. We will be walking you through how to install it on your base Minecraft Launcher.
It’s as easy as pie.
- Open your Minecraft installation folder on our computer.
- If you’re on Windows, press the ⊞ Windows Logo Key + R, then type in %APPDATA%\.minecraft and click OK.
- If you’re on Mac, press ⌘ Command + Space, type in ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft, and press Enter.
- If you’re on Linux, issue the following command into the terminal: cd ~/.minecraft
- Open up the .minecraft folder and then mods (create it, if a mods folder does not exist.)
- Drag-and-Drop the .jar of MapFrontiers Mod that you just downloaded into the mods folder.
And that’s all there is to it! You can now click Play to re-open your Minecraft launcher with the Forge profile, MapFrontiers Mod will load alongside your game.
To play with any Forge mod, You have to go to download and install forge.
Install Forge modloader:
- Download the Forge Installer corresponding to the version of your Minecraft.
- You can download Minecraft Forge modloader from the official Forge downloads page here.
- Double click to run the jar you’ve downloaded and then select Install Client on the pop-up it presents you.
- After that, you’re done! Open/Reopen your Minecraft launcher and change the installation to Forge if it did not automatically change.
Downloading MapFrontiers Mod:
- Select the latest version of the mod matching with your Minecraft installation.
- Click the file name of the mod to go to the download page and begin downloading.
- Double-check for any dependencies.
MapFrontiers Mod Files:
|MapFrontiers-1.19.1-2.3.4-beta1.jar||beta||361.67 KB||0||Aug 10, 2022, 5:42 pm||1.19.1, Forge|
|MapFrontiers-1.18.2-2.3.3-beta2-fabric.jar||beta||367.79 KB||0||Aug 4, 2022, 7:57 pm||1.18.2, Fabric|
|MapFrontiers-1.19-2.3.4.jar||release||361.64 KB||0||Jul 31, 2022, 6:18 pm||1.19, Forge|
|MapFrontiers-1.18.2-2.3.4.jar||release||360.71 KB||0||Jul 31, 2022, 6:16 pm||1.18.2, Forge|
|MapFrontiers-1.16.5-2.3.4.jar||release||358.53 KB||0||Jul 31, 2022, 6:15 pm||1.16.5, Forge|
|MapFrontiers-1.19.1-2.3.3-beta1-fabric.jar||beta||369.74 KB||0||Jul 30, 2022, 6:41 pm||1.19.1, Fabric|
|MapFrontiers-1.18.1-2.2.0.jar||release||351.75 KB||0||Jun 2, 2022, 6:56 pm||1.18.1, Forge|
|MapFrontiers-1.17.1-2.1.2.jar||release||313.41 KB||0||Apr 17, 2022, 2:08 am||1.17.1, Forge|
|MapFrontiers-1.12.2-1.5.1.jar||release||310.82 KB||6249||Sep 17, 2020, 2:24 pm||1.12.2, Forge|
Say thanks and all credit goes to Meme_sapiens, creators of this mod. Visit the original thread here for all info.