The Morph Mod allows you to take on the shape and abilities of various mobs throughout the game. Once you kill a mob you’ll absorb its “essence” and instantly become it!
Each mob has special abilities that you will yield once you’ve transformed. Being a chicken, for example, will allow you to float gently to the ground instead of to your death.
Spider will allow you to climb walls.
And swimming can be accomplished by being a squid.
But with the good there is inevitably some bad effects with certain mobs. If you wanted to be a zombie or skeleton, you may be stuck to staying indoors or going out only at night.
And Enderman are a bit sensitive to water.
You can even morph into previous mobs that you’ve already turned in to with the easy to use GUI. That way you can keep the mobs you’d like to morph into in your back pocket whenever you need it. All you need to do is tap either the left “[” or right “]” bracket keys to cycle through your options. Then hit enter to morph.
- Browse previously acquired morphs with the (defaults) [ / ] keys (Square brackets, normally next to the Enter/Return key). Hit them to open the Gui and scroll up and down, hold shift to scroll left and right. (Works with the mouse as well, once the selector is open!). The mod will try it’s best to prevent duplicate morphs, however it cannot guarantee that.
- Select a morph with the Enter/Return/LMB. It takes ~4 seconds to transition between morphs, and you cannot acquire new morphs while morphing.
- Remove a morph with the Delete/Backspace button. You however, cannot remove your original state, or the morph you are currently using.
- Close the morph selector with the Escape/RMB. It will auto close if there is another Gui open.
- Add a mod to favourites with the ~ key, when in the Morph Gui. You can also hold the ~ key to open a radial menu to morph into your favourites!
Abilities are basically “characteristics and skills”, but for simplicity’s sake, they’re called abilities. Packaged with the mod right now there are 11 abilities, some good, some bad. They are as follows:
- Fall Negate
- Fire Immunity
- Water Allergy
- Poison Resistance
- Wither Resistance
- Potion Effect
- Climb: Mimics spider climbing up walls etc, you have to push yourself against a wall and you’ll climb up it. You need to remain pushed against the wall to climb up it, of course, and you fall if you let go.
- Fall Negate: Prevents fall damage!
- Fly: Mimics creative flying, available for vanilla mobs that fly.
- Float: Only one mob in vanilla supports this, and that’s the chicken. Instead of falling to your doom, you slowly float downwards like chickens do.
- Fire Immunity: A variety of mobs have this, especially all the nether mobs. This will make you fire resistant and let you swim around in lava if you want to.
- Hostile: Certain mobs are labelled hostile specifically because they try to target players. There is no use of this ability unless you enable Hostile Mode in the config (explained later).
- Swim: This ability allows mobs to breathe underwater, and optionally, make them drown when out of water.
- Sunburn: Think Zombies and Skeletons burning in sunlight. Yeah.
- Water allergy: You take damage when wet. Like endermen and blazes.
- Step: You get a change in step height, this normally will allow you to walk up 1 block high areas.
To identify abilities, look in the Morph Mod gui next to the morph, listed there are abilities that may be available to the mob.
This is a config option that affects the “Hostile” Ability. By default it is turned off. This modes allow you to walk amongst (some, not all [Spiders and Slimes will not ignore you]) the hostile mobs in the game, if you are morphed as a hostile mob.
EG: You’re a skeleton and you walk up to a zombie, which completely ignores you unless attacked.
Once again, as stated, Spiders and Slimes will not ignore you if this is on. This is because they use the old AI system still.
Right now, usable abilities are planned. What are usable abilities? Stuff you can trigger on command, like teleportation, exploding, shooting projectiles, etc. HOWEVER, these are not included in Morph just yet, and will most likely come in the later update.
How to install:
There are many ways to install Minecraft Mod on your Minecraft client. We will be walking you through how to install it on your base Minecraft Launcher.
It’s as easy as pie.
- Open your Minecraft installation folder on our computer.
- If you’re on Windows, press the ⊞ Windows Logo Key + R, then type in %APPDATA%.minecraft and click OK.
- If you’re on Mac, press ⌘ Command + Space, type in ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft, and press Enter.
- If you’re on Linux, issue the following command into the terminal: cd ~/.minecraft
- Open up the .minecraft folder and then mods (create it, if a mods folder does not exist.)
- Drag-and-Drop the .jar of Morph Mod that you just downloaded into the mods folder.
And that’s all there is to it! You can now click Play to re-open your Minecraft launcher with the Forge profile, Morph Mod will load alongside your game.
To play with any Forge mod, You have to go to download and install forge.
Install Forge modloader:
- Download the Forge Installer corresponding to the version of your Minecraft.
- You can download Minecraft Forge modloader from the official Forge downloads page here.
- Double click to run the jar you’ve downloaded and then select Install Client on the pop-up it presents you.
- After that, you’re done! Open/Reopen your Minecraft launcher and change the installation to Forge if it did not automatically change.
Downloading Morph Mod:
- Select the latest version of the mod matching with your Minecraft installation.
- Click the file name of the mod to go to the download page and begin downloading.
- Double-check for any dependencies.
Morph Mod Files:
|Morph-1.16.5-10.2.0.jar||release||1.22 MB||0||May 23, 2022, 7:39 pm||1.16.3, 1.16.4, 1.16.5, Forge|
|Morph-1.12.2-7.2.1.jar||release||1.01 MB||1811171||Jul 3, 2020, 2:07 pm||1.12, 1.12.1, 1.12.2, Forge|
|Morph-1.12.2-7.1.3.jar||release||1,007.86 KB||3454701||Mar 3, 2019, 6:27 pm||1.12, 1.12.1, 1.12.2|
|Morph-1.12.2-7.1.2.jar||release||994.78 KB||1952474||Dec 17, 2017, 1:52 pm||1.12.2|
|Morph-Beta-0.9.3.jar||release||1,018.02 KB||2129648||Oct 20, 2016, 10:40 pm||1.7.10|
|Morph-Beta-0.8.1.jar||release||1,003.04 KB||18476||Mar 31, 2015, 9:00 pm||1.7.2|
|Morph-Beta-0.7.2.zip||release||1,016.38 KB||52369||Mar 31, 2015, 9:00 pm||1.6.4|
Say thanks and all credit goes to OhaiiChun, creators of this mod. Visit the original thread here for all info.